Gourmet Food Samples!!
Wine Tasting with Westerly and Refugio Ranch!!
“Celebrity” Chef Book Signing!!
Taste the elegant Happy Canyon wines of Westerly Winery and of Santa Ynez's Refugio Ranch. Sample delicious appetizers prepared by the esteemed faculty and students of the School of Culinary Arts, plus selected chefs featured in the cookbook.
The limited first edition will be on sale at the event for $25 and many of the chefs featured will be on hand to sign them! Event proceeds and cookbook sales benefit the Santa Barbara Culinary Arts Scholarship in Honor of Julia Child for students at the School of Culinary Arts at SBCC.
Santa Barbara Culinary Arts Cookbook Launch Party
Saturday, May 3rd, 1-3 pm -- TICKETS JUST $25!
John Dunne Gourmet Dining Room, School of Culinary Arts, Santa Barbara City College
NO TICKETS AT THE DOOR! Please buy tickets on Meetup: www.meetup.com/Santa-Barbara-Culinary-Arts/events/163962022/
The first edition of the cookbook will be on sale at the event for $25 and many of the chefs featured in the book will be on hand to sign them, including Michael Blackwell (Montecito Country Club), James Sly (Sly's), Greg Murphy (Bouchon), Alessandro Cartumini (Bella Vista at the Biltmore), Pete Clements (cookbetterlivebetter.com), Denisse Salinas (Le Petit Chef), Leonard Schwarz (Lucky's), Johan Denizot (Miro at the Bacara), Nimita Dhirajlal (Nimita's Cuisine), Mossin Sugich (Santa Barbara Yacht Club), Elisabetta Gerli (Sorriso Italiano), Julia San Bartolome (Sweet Arleen's), Reginald Powell (Café Nordstrom), Odin Macias (Lazy Acres), faculty chefs of the School of Culinary Arts: Randy Bublitz (head of the School of Culinary Arts), Stephane Rapp, Sandra Allain, and Roberto Lopez Carrillo, plus others to be added.
The cookbook: "SANTA BARBARA CULINARY ARTS A Taste of Santa Barbara's Culinary Bounty" features 62 top recipes from Santa Barbara County chefs, caterers and food purveyors. Proceeds from the cookbook and the launch party benefit the nonprofit Santa Barbara Culinary Arts' endowment of the Santa Barbara Culinary Arts Scholarship in Honor of Julia Child for students at the School of Culinary Arts at SBCC.
The cookbook was edited and designed by SBCA Board member Tama Takahashi. The gorgeous photography was done by Linda Blue (www.labluephotography.com).
The launch party admission price of $25 includes food samples, wine tasting and access to chefs for questions and cookbook signing. The cookbook will be available for purchase for $25 at this fundraising event.
Please order your tickets to secure your spot for THE food and wine event of spring! www.meetup.com/Santa-Barbara-Culinary-Arts/events/163962022/
- Events focus on culinary trends, highlighting local chefs and their specialties, as well as presentation and cooking demonstrations.
- SBCA events provide an opportunity to network with others while enjoying delicious food, wine and a special program. New restaurants are also featured throughout the year.
- Member support and event attendance helps SBCA continue the Santa Barbara Culinary Arts Scholarship in Honor of Julia Child. This endowment fund provides annual scholarships to the Santa Barbara City College Culinary Arts program.
- Since 2005, ten $1000 scholarships have been awarded to culinary students at SBCC, with 2 per year planned for the future. SBCA has also provided scholarships to Women’s Economic Venture and contributed to the Children’s Creative Project and the FoodBank.
- Member discounts at SBCA events
- “Members only” events
- Website link and email listing with business bio in members-only data base
- Ability to email members and post notices (now hiring/job needed/equipment for sale/needed, etc.)
- Networking opportunities with local chefs, restaurateurs, food and wine purveyors as well as other professionals and enthusiasts
- 10% discount at Sur-la-Table
Testimonial from one of our scholarship recipients:
"Thank you so very much for understanding my hardships with the scholarship application process and extending a scholarship opportunity to me. I LOVE the Culinary Arts program at SBCC, this scholarship will allow me to continue on to my fourth and final semester! I can't wait! Thank you again, words cannot explain how grateful I am! Many mahalos, Jamie C."