Saturday, October 24th from noon - 3 pm at the Bacara Resort & Spa: Gala Cookbook Launch Party
Last year's fundraising cookbook flew off the shelves, so we are publishing a second edition with new recipes, more chefs, wineries and food purveyors and in beautiful hardbound cover that will look great on your coffee table as well as enhance your kitchen.
BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE: www.meetup.com/santa-Barbara-Culinary-Arts/
Help support our culinary student scholarships at the School of Culinary Arts & Hotel Management at SBCC.
Enjoy food samples from around 20 chefs and have them sign your cookbook! Restaurants, caterers and food purveyors bringing food and/or signing books include:
Chef Johan Denizot of the Bacara Resort & Spa
Chefs Alessandro Cartumini and Grant Macdonald of Bella Vista at Four Seasons Biltmore
Belmond El Encanto
Chef James Siao of Finch & Fork at the Canary Hotel
Chef Pete Clements of the Funk Zone Patio
Chef Frank Ostini of the Hitching Post II
L’s Kitchen and Lorraine Lim
Chef Michael Hutchings of Michael’s Catering
Chef Nimita Dhirajlal of Nimita’s Cuisine
Chef Richard Lambert of Santa Barbara Tamales-To-Go
Chef Mossin Sugich of the Santa Barbara Yacht Club
Savoy Cafe & Deli
Chef Stephane Rapp of the School of Culinary Arts & Hotel Management
Chef Michael Cherney of Sides Hardware & Shoes
Chef Elisabetta Gerli of Sorriso Italiano
Sous Chef Francesco Crestanelli of SY Kitchen
Via Maestra 42
Premium wine tasting with:
Foley Food & Wine Society
Santa Barbara Winery
Hitching Post II
Tickets are $50 for the general public, $45 for SBCA members who have paid their yearly dues. SBCA membership is open to the public and offers discounts on our events as well as other benefits.
PURCHASE TICKETS HERE: www.meetup.com/santa-Barbara-Culinary-Arts/
This event is a fundraiser and proceeds benefit our endowment of the Santa Barbara Culinary Arts Scholarship in Honor of Julia Child.
Cookbooks will be available for purchase at the event, or contact us to preorder. We've sold nearly half our books through preorder already!
Thank you to our cookbook sponsor The Berry Man, Inc. Our local wholesale produce distributor, Berry Man, Inc. provides fresh local produce to local restaurants, schools, institutions and caterers. www.theberryman.com
Thank you to our host the Bacara Resort & Spa. The Bacara Resort & Spa offers relaxed luxury and stunning natural beauty for an unforgettable getaway in Southern California. www.bacararesort.com
Thank you to photographer Linda Blue who photographed the recipes so beautifully. www.labluephotography.com
- Events focus on culinary trends, highlighting local chefs and their specialties, as well as presentation and cooking demonstrations.
- SBCA events provide an opportunity to network with others while enjoying delicious food, wine and a special program. New restaurants are also featured throughout the year.
- Member support and event attendance helps SBCA continue the Santa Barbara Culinary Arts Scholarship in Honor of Julia Child. This endowment fund provides annual scholarships to the Santa Barbara City College Culinary Arts program.
- Since 2005, ten $1000 scholarships have been awarded to culinary students at SBCC, with 2 per year planned for the future. SBCA has also provided scholarships to Women’s Economic Venture and contributed to the Children’s Creative Project and the FoodBank.
- Member discounts at SBCA events
- “Members only” events
- Website link and email listing with business bio in members-only data base
- Ability to email members and post notices (now hiring/job needed/equipment for sale/needed, etc.)
- Networking opportunities with local chefs, restaurateurs, food and wine purveyors as well as other professionals and enthusiasts
- 10% discount at Sur-la-Table
Our cookbook: "SANTA BARBARA CULINARY ARTS A Taste of Santa Barbara's Culinary Bounty" flew the shelves.