SANTA BARBARA CULINARY ARTS (SBCA)
Mission Statement: SBCA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the inspiration, education and celebration of culinary professionals and individuals who are passionate about the Culinary Arts.
- Events focus on culinary trends, highlighting local chefs and their specialties, as well as presentation and cooking demonstrations.
- SBCA events provide an opportunity to network with others while enjoying delicious food, wine and a special program. New restaurants are also featured throughout the year.
- Member support and event attendance helps SBCA continue the Santa Barbara Culinary Arts Scholarship in Honor of Julia Child. This endowment fund provides annual scholarships to the Santa Barbara City College Culinary Arts program.
- Since 2005, ten $1000 scholarships have been awarded to culinary students at SBCC, with 2 per year planned for the future. SBCA has also provided scholarships to Women’s Economic Venture and contributed to the Children’s Creative Project and the FoodBank.
- Member discounts at SBCA events
- “Members only” events
- Website link and email listing with business bio in members-only data base
- Ability to email members and post notices (now hiring/job needed/equipment for sale/needed, etc.)
- Networking opportunities with local chefs, restaurateurs, food and wine purveyors as well as other professionals and enthusiasts
- 10% discount at Sur-la-Table
Testimonial from one of our scholarship recipients:
"Thank you so very much for understanding my hardships with the scholarship application process and extending a scholarship opportunity to me. I LOVE the Culinary Arts program at SBCC, this scholarship will allow me to continue on to my fourth and final semester! I can't wait! Thank you again, words cannot explain how grateful I am! Many mahalos, Jamie C."